July 21, 2008
we love ella, and ella loves...
The divine Ella Drake is a very good friend of ours. She's run off her feet modelling in Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne, and soon she's off to hit the New York circuit. Zoe and I used to live with her in Auckland so we know her taste is impeccable. Here are Ella's top ten favourite things right now...
1. Dealer De Luxe Magazine. With articles written in both French and English, it doubles as a French lesson.
2. Girls Like Us: The Lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole King and Carly Simon, by Sheila Weller.
3. Image Makers...'La Poupée' photographer, Hans Bellmer.
4. Michiko Kon, she plays with food and creates beautifully delicious sculptures and still life photography.
5. Expressionist artist, Egon Schiele: some kind of wonderful, tortured aesthetic.
6. Fanci- Full, the original hair tint by Roux. Goes on pink and washes straight out again - my favourite is saucy beige #57. Only if you can handle smelling like your grandma after her weekly blue rinse, perm & set.
7. I'm a serial handbag hunter. The Chronicles of Never 'mini body bag' (from the 'black noise white rain' collection) tops the lot- with an intriguing name and clean timeless design. In its dark depths I can hide all of my essentials; portfolio, heels, squashed fruit, leaky hand creams... with extra room for useless rubble.
8. Preservative-free red wine from here. Fewer chemicals to hurt the brain come the following morning.
9. It's great to have friends in the business...Miss Elle Green, photographer.
10. The Roof on Fire store in Paddington, Sydney.